Network Support Engineer
Type: Contract to Hire – Term 6 Months +
Location: San Francisco
We’re currently seeking a strong network engineer to join our clients’ SaaS Operations team. The Network Engineer is responsible for all the Network Engineering and related operational aspects of the Global SaaS platform. The successful candidate will be responsible for engineering a safe, secure, and scalable data and voice network infrastructure and will drive the operational efficiencies and availability of the platform.
This role requires a seasoned Network Engineer who is energetic, well spoken, and confident to lead large scale critical projects. The candidate will need to be highly proficient with a solid and proven experience in network design and configuration, security management and administration, troubleshooting, monitoring and traffic management. The position also requires solid hands-on experience with Nexus 7k switching, routing and ASA firewalls to manage a global network for a VoIP-based SaaS environment. A strong background in setting up and leveraging SIP Trunking solutions to manage a very large volume voice network traffic. This position will have direct responsibility of the design and the implementation of the network and security infrastructure layers and will also be in charge of the ongoing management and maintenance of these components. Responsibilities will also include ensuring that network and security operations are delivered safely and accounted for responsibly through an efficient monitoring system, as well as for coordinating planned maintenance, orchestrating changes to the network and security infrastructure as well as handling network connectivity problem resolution and escalations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related areas
- 8+ years of proven experience in network and security engineering, firewall configuration and managing complex multi-site networks
- At least 3 years of working and delivering projects in the telecommunications space
- Cisco Certifications, CCNP and CCIE with CCIE voice desired
- Hands-on experience managing F5 and NetScaler load balancers
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls
- Hands-on experience with Cisco ASA (>8.3)
- Hands-on experience configuring IPSec on Cisco ISRs
- Hands-on experience in the following areas: TDM, SIP, SIP Trunking, Session border controller configuration and management, VoIP protocols
- Experience troubleshooting SIP and RTP
- Thorough knowledge of common protocols and technologies including multi-VRF BGP routing, OSPF, VLAN, HSRP, EIGRP, VRRP, IPSLA, BFD, GRE, Radius, LDAP, LACP, and SNMPv3
- Telecom expertise within a call center environment is highly desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Support/Troubleshooting experience
- Self-starter who is excited about technology
- Open to working one weekend day
- Designs, implements and administers the Global cloud networking infrastructure, including the integration with the telephony components
- Responsible for ensuring that the SaaS platform has the necessary bandwidth to handle data and voice traffic and is supported by a highly reliable, highly performing, and scalable network that is built on a cost-conscious platform
- Deploys and manages all the network and security devices and systems to meet the requirements of the SaaS platform SLA
- Responsible for integrating the networking and the security events and alarms within the service monitoring solution
- Responsible for developing and maintaining documentation and configuration management change records.
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the SaaS platform.
- Responsible for meeting and managing network SLA objectives, including maintaining a record of service impacting events
- Provide On Call support & operations support for networking and security issues and escalations
- Evaluate and recommend vendor solutions for appropriate hardware and software products
- Plan and perform hardware and software upgrades of the network and security infrastructure
- Track and report on the key network and security metrics and trends
- Responsible for vendor engaging for support
- Work with the team to establish the change management and the change control process, and execute changes in compliance with the agreed upon rules
- Contribute to the development of the Disaster Recovery plans
- Coordinates all activities related to managing and maintaining the network and security infrastructure, including preventive maintenance and upgrades in production and test environments
To Apply for this Position Send your Cover Letter and Resume with Job Title in the Subject Line. Thank you.