Technical Program Manager
Type: Contract to Hire – Term 6 Months +
Location: San Francisco
Join the Cloud Security Team as a Technical Project Manager and be a part of the talented team that designs, builds and deploys solutions that protects its customers against advanced adversaries. You will coordinate and guide the team to help clarify priorities, manage risk, and help clarify the work that needs to be done as well as identify why it needs to get done. Your mission will be to ensure that customer data remains secure. You will work across many teams including infrastructure, engineering, operations and product development. You will work across multiple workstreams including application and infrastructure security, security operations, and incident response.
A successful candidate for this position will have a track record of scaling organizations, achieving operational effectiveness, driving transparency, operating across geographies and working closely with other business and policy leaders. The service operations aspects of this organization scale across the globe, with many 24×7 and high-uptime (99.99%) service agreements in place. Budget forecasting, cost management and vendor management are also critical aspects of this group with operating budgets in excess of $50M.The candidate must be able to take initiatives by themselves, set priorities on their own, and be an excellent team player.
- As a hands-on project manager, handle complex and detailed technical work necessary to establish and maintain secure cloud security.
- Working with teams to securing AWS Environment by defining, validating and troubleshooting IAM policies
- Implement and maintain automation to support deployment and updates to IAM roles and policies.
- Define IAM roles and policies that can be applied at scale as well as discrete policies supported by business justifications.
- Document IAM policies and security exceptions.
- Track down targeted vulnerabilities and defend against active adversaries.
- Ensure critical data remains secure while working in many different areas ranging from infrastructure, architecture, engineering, operations, incident response, and red teaming.
- Create innovative solutions to complex security problems including development of software to identify security issues, deploy security solutions and reporting
- Develop cloud security automation framework to plug-in various security tool
- MA/MS and BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or technical field
- PMP (or similar project management) certification required
- Strong working knowledge of security and compliance practices, processes and technologies
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification required
- ITIL v3 SOA (Service Offerings and Agreements) certification a plus
- 5+ years of professional cloud compute work experience, ideally in global management and operations of highly trafficked customer-facing applications
- 4+ years’ experience successfully deploying Cloud technologies in a global environment.
- 3+ years of SCRUM/agile Project Management experience.
- Proven track record in deploying automation to Cloud Operations & Services in both internal and external Cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to balance short term tactical decisions with long term strategic thinking
- Clear presentation, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid understanding of technical issues and opportunities related to modern cloud infrastructure and operations
- Good general knowledge of Internet technology and software development lifecycle, including current industry trends and their application
- Experience interacting and collaborating across all levels of the organization, customers, and external contacts with a professional demeanor and diplomacy
- Ability to effectively promote ideas and collaboration at the various levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and take on new challenges.
- Motivated, self-driven, and passionate about your work
- Innovative thinker
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Advanced interpersonal skills to effectively promote ideas and collaboration at the various levels of the organization
- Experience writing security white papers and/or presenting security products and technologies to diverse audiences
To Apply for this Position Send your Cover Letter and Resume with Job Title in the Subject Line. Thank you.